Can we get the Midori browser back? [solved]

Post there if an important software is missing and has to be added
trust

Can we get the Midori browser back? [solved]

Postby trust » 15 Mar 2017, 14:12

Maybe it's just me, but I have found NetSurf probably the single browser in my career completely unusable for the most basic tasks I wanted to give it. HTTPS errors and no JavaScript. Which is a major bummer for using something like a web based calculator. While Midori just did the job. Thanks!

bugmenotplease

Re: Can we get the Midori browser back?

Postby bugmenotplease » 02 Apr 2017, 17:45

I second this request.

NetSurf doesn't work pretty much on every website where JS is used (and yes I know JS support is disabled by default, but when I enable it, JS doesn't work as in normal proven browsers).

With NetSurf I cannot check my e-mail, cannot browse certain websites, etc. etc. etc.

Please bring back Midori.

// Artem S. Tashkinov

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 13 Apr 2017, 17:21

Netsurf is really great in term of size and requires few small dependencies. It looked ok as a compact basic web browser for reading some documentation from internet. But it lacks proper support for many things such as recent CSS etc.

Midori just does not build on the latest SystemRescueCd despite having all the default stable version of all major packages such as gcc. And it was also a bit large anyway. So I have just put Firefox-ESR but the price was an extra 45MB for the ISO image (increase between version 4.9.5 and 4.9.6). I think chromium would have been massive. So it was the only option.

trust

Postby trust » 02 Jun 2017, 15:12

Thank you so much for a browser!

Return to “Software request”