Latest SRCD lacks current hyper-v linux modules

Post in this forum for problems at boot time, if there was no problem for burning the disc. For example can't find the CD, or strange errors when you press enter at the very first prompt.
gyles19

Latest SRCD lacks current hyper-v linux modules

Postby gyles19 » 20 Jul 2018, 15:36

I've been using SRCD for years in our Hyper-V/Ubuntu guest environment. Recently I discovered that SRCD not longer functions properly with the Gen2 Ubuntu Guests, it boots, but once it drops to a command prompt it fails to detect any of the guests's filesystems, and there is no functional keyboard. As far as I can tell, the required hyper-v drivers for Gen-2 guests are simply not present. I can boot the VMs from an Ubuntu installer ISO image. I even tried making the SRCD ISO image a grub selection (with the iso image present on the boot partition) but that failed as well.

It seems like this project is dying, as new-user registration here on the forum is disabled. Luckily I found an old account I had once created still functioned so I can post this.

Using the ubuntu installer for system rescue just sucks. Is there an alternative project I should move to?

I don't want to waste my time creating a custom boot for SRCD if this is the last version. Can anyone provide guidance?

Return to “Boot problems”