Problems with creating USB from Windows

Post there if you have problem when downloading the iso, or burning it.
Aaron

Problems with creating USB from Windows

Postby Aaron » 09 May 2016, 11:50

I am running a windows computer and I wanted to create bootable USB to try and troubleshoot another computer that is currently having some severe disk problems apparently. I found your website and it looked legit so I followed section C of this page to the letter:

http://www.system-rescue-cd.org/Sysresc ... om_Windows

So I downloaded the iso and the installer to a temp directory on my computer, I did a FAT32 format of my USB flash drive, ran the installer and specified the iso, the work directory, and the USB accordingly. I ran the installer as an Administrator and was also prompted by Windows if it was OK if this program. However, when running the installer I got two error messages:

USB installation failed with status-2102: Cannot rename \isolinux to \syslinux

USB installation failed with status -2108: CopyFile(C:\Temp/\sysresccd-installer-2.0.0.exe, G:\sysresccd-installer-2.0.0.exe, TRUE) failed

nickalreadytaken

Re: Problems with creating USB from Windows

Postby nickalreadytaken » 11 May 2016, 06:36

Just a quick comment. I would try http://www.linuxliveusb.com/ instead.

base0

Re: Problems with creating USB from Windows

Postby base0 » 26 Oct 2017, 21:27

> "USB installation failed with status-2102: Cannot rename \isolinux to \syslinux"

I had this problem too for a minute. However, it can be fixed easily if you add a step to the online instructions. Once you have selected the Original ISO file and the USB stick for installing, then you must select the button "Extract Files" below Step 1. After all the files from the ISO get extracted to the working directory, it builds the bootable USB correctly. At least, this worked for me, and I tested it afterwards. Perhaps this step should be added to the procedure as it is not particularly obvious.

Return to “Downloading and burning”