Configuring ADSL

All other questions
pypm

Configuring ADSL

Postby pypm » 05 Nov 2003, 15:49

Hi,

I was not able to find a command such as the debian pppoeconf to have my ADSL connection work. If there is not such a command, could you please point me to the right procedure, or to the files that need to be edited.
(No problem with the hardware, the 8139too module I need is there).

Thanks,

Pypm

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 05 Nov 2003, 16:15

Hi,

This is just a script. You should add it to a custom version of SystemRescueCd by copying files from sources:
ftp://ftp.monash.edu.au/pub/disk13/debi ... 1.0.tar.gz

I will try to add this script to the official version. (have a look at the next beta 0.2.8 versions in the "beta" section of the homepage)

Postby Guest » 05 Nov 2003, 16:27

fdupoux wrote:Hi,

This is just a script. You should add it to a custom version of SystemRescueCd by copying files from sources:
ftp://ftp.monash.edu.au/pub/disk13/debi ... 1.0.tar.gz

I will try to add this script to the official version. (have a look at the next beta 0.2.8 versions in the "beta" section of the homepage)

That would be fine. Thanks!

Pypm

Pypm

Configuring ADSL

Postby Pypm » 11 Nov 2003, 16:46

Hi,

Thanks for adding pppoeconf to the new systemrescuecd-0.2.8_pre5 version.

Unfortunately, it fails on my machine:

1. it finds two ethernet devices: dummy0 and eth0 (I only have a Realtek 8139), but this is not a problem really
2. after scanning both, it says "Sorry, I have scanned two interfaces, but the Access Concentrator of your provider did not respond [...]"

I just launched pppoeconf, without editing any file, just like I am used to do.
Am I missing something?

Thanks forsystemrescuecd ;-)

Pypm

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 11 Nov 2003, 19:28

I really don't know what's going wrong. I never used pppoeconf.

IS the driver for your ethernet loaded into memory ?

Maybe you should try to use your ethernet card on a local network. IF that work, you know the card is configured well.

You should try to configure the ADSL connexion by hand.

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2003, 21:13

I had not tried to configure the ADSL connexion by hand, just because I'm not used to that ;-\ , since I have pppoeconf with Debian.

While looking for a way to do this configuration, I found out the "adsl-setup" command, which I didn't know, and it worked like a charm !

To me, the network connexion was the only thing that was missing for SystemRescue-CD to be a really great thing. Something light, with all the main rescue tools, plus access to internet information: great job!

Thanks,

Pypm

Return to “Other”