Finding My Disk Drive HDD

All other questions
LeGiToNeEyE

Finding My Disk Drive HDD

Postby LeGiToNeEyE » 23 Feb 2017, 19:29

Hello Im New to this SystemRescue im trying to install Lunix on my Laptop HP Pavilion G6 and when i was installing it had a hard time finding my hard Disk only showed SDA1 (Means My Flash Drive) I have SystemRescue Booted from a Flash How do i locate my Hard Drive and Create a Partition so i can Install Lunix on my Machine Its Ether a 250GB HDD or 500GB HDD i need Tutorial and Full Tutorial

My Problem: Lunix Cant Find My Hard Drive to Install The Lunix Operating System To

Link To My Laptop (Dont Know the Model Number):https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavilion-g6/specs/ (Its Not a 4GB its a 6GB Dual Core)

My Laptop Specs:

NoteBook Model: Hp Pavilion G6 Notebook PC:
Product Number: C9G65UA#ABA
System Board ID: 1849
Processor Type: AMD A4-4300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (Runs Black Ops 2 45 frames Stable and gets u to 60 FPS)
Processor Speed: 2500 MHz
Total Memory (RAM): 6 GB (Remember its A APU)
BIOS: InsydeH20 Setup Utility

Hope this Information Helped

gernot

Re: Finding My Disk Drive HDD

Postby gernot » 23 Feb 2017, 20:22

May be your Lunix has no driver for the harddisc controller.
Try to change the controller setting in the BIOS setup to ide, not AHCI or RAID

Gernot

LeGiToNeEyE

Postby LeGiToNeEyE » 24 Feb 2017, 01:05

Thats what it wants a Disk Driver so it can install when i tried to install it a got softreset Failed where do i get my Hard Disk Driver for my laptop i tried to search everywhere but came up with nothing it wants my HDD so it can format the OS to the HDD

gernot

Postby gernot » 24 Feb 2017, 14:02

you need a driver for Lunix. So ask there.
Or try to set the controller in compatibly mode. (bios setup at boot)

Gernot

LeGiToNeEyE

Postby LeGiToNeEyE » 24 Feb 2017, 18:49

Thx I found what my problem was i HDD Hard Drive Failed so we Bought a 1TB 2.5 Incher same Brand Better GB's but i also have this question

My PC Used to be 6GB APU but it only Got 5.0 I just Took out the Ram and put Two 8GB Ram it sees the 8GB Ram but not the Other did some reasearch basicly the other 8GB Ram is being used for Graphics so my Laptop is 16GB APU but only get 8GB and i think its using the other 8Gbs for Graphics

so my AMD A4-4300 APU Radeon is getting a 8GB Ram Speed is that good cuz i think ill be able to play Division Better

Both 8Gb Chips are the same Brand Corsair DDR3 Ram it sees the 1 Cosair 8GB but not the other so i thinking the other 8GB is being used for Graphics Like my Research Said

Return to “Other”