Customising for keymap results in boot fail

Post questions about how to make a customized SystemRescueCd, and if you have problems to install new packages. Please read the handbook first.
IsoMan

Customising for keymap results in boot fail

Postby IsoMan » 03 Dec 2014, 12:13

Customising from sysrecscueCD 4.4.1. To set the keymap I have run the script sysresccd-custom setkmap uk THe resulting ISO fails to boot.

Looking at the isolinux.cfg produced by sysresccd-custom setkmap uk , it has added setkmap=uk immediately after APPEND and before rescue64. This seems to be the cause of the failure to boot. If I edit the boot options so that setkmap=uk is placed after rescue64 the boot is successful.

Anyone else seen this?

vanepp

Re: Customising for keymap results in boot fail

Postby vanepp » 03 Dec 2014, 21:06

Yep. I reported this one against a 4.3 beta back in September looks like it hasn't been fixed yet.

Peter Van Epp

amalafrida

Postby amalafrida » 05 Dec 2014, 17:31

ran into this a couple of days ago. onerous.

vanepp

Postby vanepp » 07 Dec 2014, 19:52

ran into this a couple of days ago. onerous.

Doesn't seem to rate onerous to me. The alternative is to edit /mnt/custom/customcd/isoroot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg and add the setkmap=us (or your language of choice) on the entries that boot kernels (same as the script is trying to do) then rebuild a custom CD. Fixing the script is going to be a bit more complex as there are entries now where the setkmap doesn't apply and it needs to figure out when not to put in a setkmap entry. I could have figured out how to do this and supplied a patch, but I was too lazy, as there is a simple work around. We all need to remember that producing the rescue CD is a service to the community and the best answer is to try to fix things you see as wrong and supply patches to make the maintainer's job easier. If you don't know how to fix something that seems wrong, by all means report that you see it as wrong so it can be fixed when there is time but bitching about things not being fixed is counter productive since no one is paying these folks to make the rescue CD and I for one am very glad they are willing to spend the time to do it and I think they are doing
a great job of it!

Peter Van Epp

Return to “Customization and installing new packages”