UDF-version

Topics about disk partitioning (fdisk, parted, gparted, partimage), Volumes Management (lvm, evms, dmraid), Storage, file systems, ...
Tuipveus

UDF-version

Postby Tuipveus » 31 Dec 2014, 15:22

How can I find out which version of udf my partition has been formatted? I have usb-stick that has been working fine and I would like to use same settings for other stick.

gernot

Re: UDF-version

Postby gernot » 31 Dec 2014, 16:05

Tried you something like this?
Not tried for UDF.

file - < /dev/sda1
show this:
/dev/stdin: Linux rev 1.0 ext3 filesystem data, UUID=xxxxxxxxxxxxx, volume name "linuxcnc" (large files)

Gernot

Tuipveus

Re: UDF-version

Postby Tuipveus » 02 Jan 2015, 07:58

Yes, that is exactly what I tried, but it didn't help. I was not able to find any way to solve this in Linux, even when I tried to compare the first sectors to udf-specification.

After a while I noticed that Windows 7 scandisk/chkdsk shows the version of UDF without problems. Windows 7 tools says that fs has errors and tries to fix it (and says that fixes have been done), but each time it has the same error again and again. Filesystem itself is working without problems and there is no dataloss.

Problem solved with version detectioning, now I need to see if other stick also gets corrupted, or is it just some compatibility issue with UDF 2.01 between Linux and Windows. All files work fine, that is the most important for me.

Return to “Hard-disk partitioning and storage”