Network adapter: Intel I219-LM

Questions about problems with your hardware. For example, if you the kernel hangs during boot because of an hardware failure or if you have a problem with a driver not working or missing.
behd

Network adapter: Intel I219-LM

Postby behd » 18 May 2016, 14:22

Hi all,

Just a feature request, could you include the drivers for this network card (integrated on skylake MB)?

Thanks a lot!

behd

behd

Re: Network adapter: Intel I219-LM

Postby behd » 24 May 2016, 10:12

Just wished to update this post, in case some people have the same problem.
I didn't find any solution to quickly rebuild an updated e1000(e) module (and I'm not sure either that it's not the whole Skylake architecture that cause problem - wasn't able to start xorg too).

So here's what I did for quick workaround:
- Download arch linux (https://www.archlinux.org/download/). The only small (<1Gb), live and very up-to-date distribution that I found
- Moved the iso to USB key (there's plenty topics on how to do, it even here on Systemrescuecd).
NB. using good ol' Lili (http://www.linuxliveusb.com/), just set option to default linux distribution.
- Once booted, I had almost all, but should you add packages, use those commands:
NB. never used that package manager before on any distribution :-)
# pacman -Suy (It will update packages definition - safe to reply no to any questions)
# pacman -S cifs-utils

etc...

behd

Re: Network adapter: Intel I219-LM

Postby behd » 26 May 2016, 16:45

And just to update and finish this thread. Finally took the time to search a bit on google and definitively, as long as SystemRescueCD will not use kernel 4.5 Skylake support will be inexistent or really bad !

So would be really nice to get a beta with this kernel release !!

[EDIT] 4.4 "might" be also good and is also longterm but I didn't test...

Return to “Hardware and drivers”