I'm new here; recently I've successfully cloned my HDD to a new one, thanks devs of SystemRescueCD for that.
However, I've faced a problem which I solved in a hacky way, so I think it would be nice to provide feedback.
The problem is not new at all, it is well known (back to 3.0.0: ; for 3.8.1:  -- that was where I've initially found the workaround). I used USB installation , enabled USB EHCI Controller and changed the boot order, all standart things, and I've got this
Code: Select all
error: file '/isolinux/rescue64' not found.
unaligned pointer Ox1e
Aborted. Press any key to exit.
error message, found , used the workaround (only the file I changed was grub-741.cfg, not grub-380.cfg) and the next attempt was successful. Good for me, there was another available laptop to search web about this issue.
So, to make this great tool even greater, please fix this!
PS if this is of any importance, I'm on Windows 10.