Drive not recognized by System Rescue CD (SYSRECCD)

Post in this forum for problems at boot time, if there was no problem for burning the disc. For example can't find the CD, or strange errors when you press enter at the very first prompt.
ajax

Drive not recognized by System Rescue CD (SYSRECCD)

Post by ajax » 06 Feb 2019, 17:04

A new Dell Inspiron 3670 computer has 2 drives factory installed. One is a conventional hard drive (HD) the other is a solid state drive (SSD). Now that I can boot the SYSRECCD (refer to this topic for more about that), when I open GParted the SSD is nowhere to be found. The, missing, SSD is connected via PCIe M.2 interface rather than SATA. My suspicion is that this requires a driver that could be missing. However, Dell advertises this computer as being factory supplied with installation option that allows either Ubuntu or Windows 10 to be installed. I haven't tried installing Ubuntu and can't say what might happen then but I would be surprised and seriously disappointed at the idea that I was sold a computer with a drive that an advertised OS cannot use.

How can I get SYSRECCD to function on this drive?

ajax

Re: Drive not recognized by System Rescue CD (SYSRECCD)

Post by ajax » 09 Feb 2019, 16:56

For anybody else who cares the solution to my problem is explained here. For a complete lesson on related matters a pretty thorough tutorial can be found here.

Note: The referenced material is specific to Dell computers but it is conceivable that other brands might suffer from similar issues.