Unable to boot - stuck at Loading Kernel Modules

Post in this forum for problems at boot time, if there was no problem for burning the disc. For example can't find the CD, or strange errors when you press enter at the very first prompt.
Pitreck

Unable to boot - stuck at Loading Kernel Modules

Postby Pitreck » 13 Feb 2015, 21:58

Hi,

I'm having problem with SystemRescueCD ver. 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 beta. I'm unable to boot into login prompt because boot process gets stuck on the "loading kernel modules" stage. This happens both on standard and alternative kernel. Previous versions of SystemRescueCD did work, maybe not without some problems, but at least I was able to boot to desktop.

Here are my hardware spec:
AMD FX-6300
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 (AMD 990FX Chipset)
8GB DDR3 1600MHz
GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Pitreck

Re: Unable to boot - stuck at Loading Kernel Modules

Postby Pitreck » 26 Feb 2015, 18:00

OK, after some further digging it seems that the problem narrows down only to booting in UEFI mode. When I tried booting in legacy mode everything worked just fine both on standard and alternative kernel. Well, almost. Desktop on the alternative kernel is blurry and almost unreadable. But at least I was able to get to the desktop.

So, to sum things up. Something happened between 4.5.0 and 4.5.1 that is causing boot process to get stuck on the Loading Kernel Modules stage in UEFI mode.

tornadomig

Re: Unable to boot - stuck at Loading Kernel Modules

Postby tornadomig » 15 Feb 2017, 17:44

hi all,
same thing happens on 4.9.2 with only alternative kernel UEFI mode.
only with 4.8.3 everything's ok and it boots fine.

Return to “Boot problems”