0.3.2-beta3: halt hangs @ Remounting remaining filesystems..

You can report problems, make suggestions, about the new BETA versions in this forum. For stuff related to final releases, please post a message in other forums
firepol

0.3.2-beta3: halt hangs @ Remounting remaining filesystems..

Postby firepol » 05 Jan 2007, 10:22

As reported for 0.3-beta versions in this thread (fdupoux, you said you fixed it in version 0.3.1?) the problem persists in version 0.3.2-beta3.

See screenshot by LarryT: http://www.fr.laurent.freesurf.fr/halt_p.jpg

If I execute "halt" the system hangs at "Remounting remaining filesystems readonly".

arnova

Re: 0.3.2-beta3: halt hangs @ Remounting remaining filesyste

Postby arnova » 05 Jan 2007, 13:34

firepol wrote:As reported for 0.3-beta versions in this thread (fdupoux, you said you fixed it in version 0.3.1?) the problem persists in version 0.3.2-beta3.

See screenshot by LarryT: http://www.fr.laurent.freesurf.fr/halt_p.jpg

If I execute "halt" the system hangs at "Remounting remaining filesystems readonly".

I guess APM isn't working properly on your system. The best way would still be if an additional message saying "The system can be safely shutdown" would appear right after "Remounting remaining filesystems readonly"

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 05 Jan 2007, 14:07

The first time we had this problem, I enabled APM in the kernel to fix this problem. On my computer, version 0.3.2-beta3 works well when I type "halt". I also added a message before it halts in case we cannot power off.

Then problem may be when it try to umount drivers. Did you mount devices on your system when you have this problem ?

firepol

Postby firepol » 06 Jan 2007, 19:55

fdupoux: No, to reproduce the bug I simply boot and then directly try to shutdown when I get the shell...

arnova: the bug does not affect version 0.2.19 so I don't think it's my computer.

Return to “Beta versions (report a bug found in a beta)”