where has the fr_CH keymap gone in the menu? (solved)

You can report problems, make suggestions, about the new BETA versions in this forum. For stuff related to final releases, please post a message in other forums
firepol

where has the fr_CH keymap gone in the menu? (solved)

Postby firepol » 29 Dec 2006, 11:53

EDIT: 5 January 2007: the fr_CH keymap problem has been solved in version 0.3.2-beta3.

Hi, in version 0.2.19 at the keymap selection menu there was the choice for fr_CH (menuchoice nr 43). Now it has gone away, why? I see in version 0.3 the menu is till 42, so there is space for 43 as before. No? Can you please take the swiss french (or swiss(CH), as in knoppix) layout back?

Also, if I try to boot fb1024 setkmap=fr_CH
or fr-ch, or fr_ch or ch it doesn't work. It would be nice to put it at least there if not in the next menu.

Else... I'll try to customize the ISO as explained here: http://www.sysresccd.org/Sysresccd-manu ... ptional.29

I would like to customize the default keymap but the problem would be: which keymap should I insert as fr_CH is not recognized?

Thanks for your work and your attention. Swiss users would be thankful if you correct this little missing but useful detail ;)
Last edited by firepol on 05 Jan 2007, 09:30, edited 2 times in total.

milaa

Re: Problem/bug: where has the fr_CH keymap gone in the menu

Postby milaa » 01 Jan 2007, 15:08

Dear SystemRescueCd developers,

I experience the same "problem".

It is unfortunately very VERY difficult to use SystemRescueCd with a wrong keymap. So, could you please add fr_CH to the keymap??!?

firepol

Postby firepol » 01 Jan 2007, 16:14

milaa: you can use the keymap but you have to load it manually, as follows:

loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwertz/fr_ch.map.gz

Another problem I found is the following: if you run the CD using a wrong keymap -or a valid one-, e.g. fb1024 setkmap=fr_CH it won't let you find the keymap under /usr/share/keymaps/i386/

It will only show you the azerty (/usr/share/keymaps/i386/) folder... that's very strange.

a solution could be to put back the keyboard selection menu used in the previous version (0.2.19). If developers don't want to do that, can maybe someone give me some help and I'll try to do it on my own, thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 01 Jan 2007, 17:09

Keymaps loaded at boot time are not stored in /usr/share/... The kemap is stored inside the initramfs system.

If I find a clean way to update the keymap file, I will do it. For the moment, you should make a customized SysRescCd disc, and edit /bin/bashlogin, and add your "loadkeys fr_ch.map.gz" command in this script, just before "exec $SHELL".

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 04 Jan 2007, 22:34

I worked on the keymaps and added fr_CH. You should test SysRescCd-0.3.2-beta3 now:
http://www.sysresccd.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1334

firepol

Postby firepol » 05 Jan 2007, 09:18

dear fdupoux,

i tested version 0.3.2-beta3 and now the fr_CH keymap works perfectly, thank you!

it shows in the menu and it works at boot time if i call it like this:

fb1024 setkmap=fr_CH

also accented letters like éè etc. work in the shell (!) in a word: GREAT.

Keep it like this for the new versions ;)

Return to “Beta versions (report a bug found in a beta)”