Question about burning to USB on Windows [solved]

Post there if you have problem when downloading the iso, or burning it.
awoitte

Question about burning to USB on Windows [solved]

Postby awoitte » 01 Dec 2015, 23:25

I'm following the "Recommended USB installation method from Windows" and am confused about:

step 5: Create an empty work directory on the hard-disk (could be C:\Temp\sysresccd-workdir)

Is this directory supposed to be created inside my USB drive, or the system I currently have the USB drive plugged into?

awoitte

Re: Question about burning to USB on Windows

Postby awoitte » 01 Dec 2015, 23:34

After playing around I figured out I needed to place this in my directory and not the flash drive =)

justingoldberg

Re: Question about burning to USB on Windows [solved]

Postby justingoldberg » 13 Feb 2016, 17:55

It's worked great for me on an Easy2boot flash drive (which has a ton of other ISO images). I just had to drop the Sysrescue iso in the _ISO/Linux folder. The only time it didn't boot (or I ran out of patience) is booting on a Pentium 4, which was probably the fault of the BIOS USB speed and possibly fixed via firmware update. On that system, I used a burned ISO. But on newer systems, USB booting with Easy2boot is 10x faster than optical drives (even with USB 2.0).

Sorry for droning on about e2b, I'm just a big fan :-) . Windows 10, 2012, windows 7/8 oem dvds, linux, acronis, system rescue, linux ultimate boot cd, etc... all on one drive.

Return to “Downloading and burning”