I have an old usb stick with a capacity of 512 mb. But in real the stick has only 490 mb. Systemrescuecd use 377 mb on this stick. But i can't install, becauses i need 512 mb.
Can you change this to 480 mb? All sticks, witch are selled as 512MB only have 490 mb.
Post there if you have problem when downloading the iso, or burning it.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
I had the same problem. Found the variable MINSIZEMB in the install script usb_inst.sh set to 512; prior values were much less. Just reassign MINSIZEMB to between 490 and the iso size then modify the iso file as described in the readme.txt file. Worked for me.
Maybe yet simpler:
- - mount iso image in loop mode, on a directory $MNTDIR
- copy usb_inst.sh to some rw directory, e.g. /tmp
- edit the usb_inst.sh copy as follows:
- - assign a smaller size to MINSIZEMB, e.g. 480
- assign PROGLOC with the value of $MNTDIR
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests