md5sum

Post there if you have problem when downloading the iso, or burning it.
tmetro

md5sum

Post by tmetro » 07 May 2006, 17:00

The md5sums appear only on the download page, and not on any of the other places where the downloads are accessible, such as the project main page or the SourceForge files page. I'd recommend adding the checksums to the notes that appear in the SF download section and I'd recommend redirecting the download links on the main page to the download page, instead of linking directly to the files.

(To make maintenance easier, the download page could simply link to the notes with link text saying that it provides both release notes and md5sums.)

-Tom

tousavelo

MD5SUM availability

Post by tousavelo » 25 Oct 2007, 11:16

Hello,

Wherever I looked, I was unable to find the MD5SUM for the older 0.3.7 release. I feel it's a pitty that I couldn't check integrity of my download.

Olivier

PS: Notice that I downloaded and burned properly 0.4.0 and it didn't startx properly. I had used 0.3.7 before on the same hardware and knew it would work. Searching Forums, I could find other report of people having weaker results with a newer release. I feel this emphasizes the usefulness of older releases AND their MD5SUMs.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 25 Oct 2007, 20:13

Hi Olivier,
That's really a good idea so I added the md5sum of old versions on that page:
http://www.sysresccd.org/Sysresccd-versions

PS: You should try to use version 0.4.0 with "rescuecd doxdetect"